With Facebook constantly making changes to what appears in our newsfeeds, here’s a few tips for those of you with Fan Pages to get your posts onto your Fans Newsfeeds!!
● Post more often – at least three times a day.*
● Experiment with posting at different times of the day, including outside business hours.
● Post a mix of your own content (short tips + links to your longer blog posts) + OPC (other people’s content that you curate from a variety of sources).
● Post directly on your Page and also share posts from other relevant Pages.
● Include @ tags of related Pages in your posts.
● Repost your own evergreen content.
● Mix up the post types: status updates, links, photos, videos, offers, events, milestones and cover image changes.
● Test post length from super short (<120 characters) to much longer (63k is the max!).
● Check your Insights for when your fans are online and be sure to post during these times (as well as outside).
● Consider coming up with a theme for each day of the week and publish posts pertaining to that day’s theme.
● Compare your reach performance against the average at:http://barometer.agorapulse.com/
● And, of course PAY for more reach on posts that impact your bottom-line, using the Boost post option or go into your Ads Manager/Power Editor. **
*Emeric Ernoult of AgoraPulse says, “Pages that post at least three times a day get very high page reach metrics and much more brand awareness than pages that only post once a day or fewer.”
**Emeric says, “…if you’re announcing a new product, new features, an ebook or webinar or other content you’ve spent hours on, isn’t it worth it to pay $30 or $50 to make sure your hard work is seen by 9,000 people instead of 1,000? Yes! Your time and specialized content are worth it. Why waste those efforts to save $30 or $50? That’s nonsense.”
For more great reach tips, check out this fantastic post by Emeric Ernoult on Social Media Examiner: Guide to Facebook Reach: What Marketers Need to Know:http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-reach-guide/ Emeric helps to demystify that coveted REACH – organic and paid – what it is, how to get it, how to measure, compare to other social networks and more.
So go out there, mix it up a bit on your Fan Page and watch your business grow.